The power behind MOKEN’s long-range cruising capability.
- Keel cooled, non-electronic, M4 rating, 150 HP John Deere 4045TFM50 engine with ZF220 (3:1) gearbox. Engine hours (as of June 2020): 1808.
- Racor 75/500MAX Turbine Series dual fuel filter/water separator with vacuum gauge.
- MAG 1000 magnetic particle separator to engine Racor filter.
- K&N air filter.
- Two 140A, 24 VDC Leece Neville alternators with Balmar MC-624 regulator with alternator and battery temperature sensors.
- Gulf Coast O-1 oil by-pass system.
- Aqualarm cooling water flow detector with helm alarm.
- Flowscan fuel flow to helm station gauge.
- Trolling valve on the gearbox to allow slow speed running.
- Second John Deere instrument panel in engine room.
- Wet / Dry exhaust with thermal blanket and water muffler.
- Exhaust, raw water and cooling lines upgraded to Trident silicone hoses.
- Engine mounts upgraded to Isoflex polymer.
The large capacity generator, combined with wind and solar power options, ensures lots of power for extended life on the hook.
- Northern Lights 9 Kw at 60 Hz (7 Kw at 50 Hz) genset in a sound shield enclosure. Engine hours (as of June 2020): 825.
- Racor 500MA Turbine Series fuel filter/water separator with vacuum gauge.
- Exhaust and raw water lines upgraded to Trident silicone hoses.
- 220V power outlet installed on the aft deck to run a dive compressor directly off the generator.
Large diesel fuel tanks and fuel polishing provide extended cruising range and reliability.
- Five diesel tanks under salon sole with helm tank monitor and one 422 GAL tank under marina deck, 2000 GAL total. Separate tank for Dickinson diesel heater with sight gauge.
- Single 3 inch diesel fill point with 1 inch breathers into SS side rails.
- Fuel fill distribution manifold with stainless steel ball valves at each end of fuel lines.
- Fuel transfer manifold for trim or polishing into utility tank.
- Fuel polishing system with Walbro FRB-16-2 pump and gulf coast F-1 fuel filter.
Water where and when we want it. And keeping it from where it shouldn’t be.
- Neoprene coated metallic tubing for all fresh water systems.
- Stainless ball-type seacocks on all thru-hulls below the waterline.
- Double stainless clamps on all hoses below the waterline.
- Jabsco PAR-MAX 4 freshwater pump with Jabsco 1 litre accumulator and filter with additional 8 litre accumulator.
- Jabsco 6 GPM/70 PSI washdown freshwater pump.
- Two Rule 2000 GPH electric bilge pumps with audible alarms.
- One Rule 3700 GPH electric bilge pump with audible alarm.
- Edson 2″ manual bilge pump, 30 GPM in pilothouse.
- Village Marine NF-600, 600 GPD reverse osmosis water maker.
- Isotemp Basic 40, 11 GAL stainless electric hot water tank with engine water heat exchanger.
- Two 125 GAL freshwater tanks with helm tank monitor.
- Jabsco 50840 series low pressure cyclone centrifugal pump for REAL heaters.
- Max Power 24 VDC 12 HP bow thruster.
- Sea chest for main sea water inlets: main engine, generator, air conditioning system and drain for ease of servicing.
- Constant velocity joint, thrust bearing and PPS drip-less shaft seal on 2 inch SS prop shaft.
- PPS drip-less shaft seal on rudder shaft.
- Capilano hydraulic steering pump at helm station with dual Capilano steering cylinders.
- Line cutting “Spurs” on prop shaft.
- Quiet, large capacity engine room intake and exhaust blowers with noise isolated vents. Intake blower is reversible for engine room cooling.
- Dual redundant IWAKI MD-100RM magnetic drive air conditioning pumps-selectable in engine room.
- Reverso oil change for main engine, generator and gear box.