The AC/DC electrical system is designed for redundant backup and international operation. MOKEN is primarily a 24 volt DC and 220 volt AC 50 Hz boat.
- 12,000W toroidal isolation transformer accepts 120/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz shore power.
- Marinco stainless steel 50 Amp 125/250 VAC power inlet and heavy duty Marinco 50 Amp 125/250 volt, 50 foot yellow shore power cord with various adaptors.
- Internally, the boat is wired for dual 110/220 VAC system for worldwide use.
- All systems are isolated by vapour proof Blue Sea master switches.
- Shore power master breaker is GFI (RCI) type for safety.
- All wiring is multi-strand tinned copper boat cable.
- Wire runs in conduit, and all runs with the exception of the bilge pumps, are located as far above the waterline as possible.
- All wire runs including those along the sheer are easily accessible.
- Lightning protection system.
- 16 zinc’s on hull, standard size, bolted, not welded.
- Two Victron DC-DC converters (60A) for 12 VDC electronics.
- 24 VDC, 110 VAC & 220 VAC systems all independently monitored.
- Carling switches/circuit breakers throughout.
- Numerous 24 VDC, 12 VDC, 110 VAC and 220 VAC outlets.
Batteries & Charging
MOKEN has an extra large battery bank, which can be kept charged by solar and wind in addition to the generator and main engine.
- Eight Fullriver DC260-12 batteries for a total of 24 VDC/1040 AH house battery bank. New in October 2018.
- Two Optima® Bluetop® 34M main engine start batteries.
- One Optima® Bluetop® 34M generator start battery.
- Start/House battery parallel system-start the main engine from house battery bank if required.
- Dual Victron MultiPlus 3kVA inverter/chargers.
- Victron Digital Multi Control panel to remotely set the shore current, read out the system status and to turn on and off the MultiPlus 3kVA inverter/chargers.
- Victron Centaur 24/100 charger for the house battery bank.
- Victron Centaur 12/40 charger for the genset start battery.
- Victron BMV-702 battery monitor with remote temperature sensor to monitor charging of the house and main engine start banks.
- Four 200-watt solar panels and Outback FLEXmax 80 MPPT charge controller with Outback MATE2 remote system controller and display.
- Eclectic Energy D400 24 volt wind generator.